According to Management by Robbins and Coulter (14th edition),
- Recruitment. Locating, identifying, and attracting capable applicants.
According to the ASME EMBOK,
- Recruitment. The process of locating new team members whose knowledge, skills and abilities fit the needs of the team.
According to the HRBoK Guide,
- Recruitment. Process of identifying and hiring qualified people. Process of attracting, screening, and hiring qualified people for a job.
What recruiters do
- Understand required profiles Ask which tools will I use for hiring, and access Post the job positions Start selections and interviews
- Identify your expectations then get to work, sourcing, recruiting, screening, providing any administrative support you need.
- Understand the need (job description) - Sourcing candidates - Screening candidates (mail/phone/skype) - Short list of the best candidates for each positions Advise the HR about the difficults of the process (if necessary) in order to make changes.
- Assess the contractors and their ability to function based on company requirements.
- The first thing that I should do is to know more about the companies background along with the complete overview of the position that I have filled in. From that start, I can sort out what are the things that I should do first or what are the priorities and what are the proposed next action. Organization would be my first step in order to attain a successful end.
- Collaborate a list of contractors. Make proposing calls.
- I will use my initial days in understanding my role in terms of the contribution to the business and increasing the overall profitability.